1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
- Went to see the Lion King performed in London’s West End
- Saw the Star Wars Exhibition in London
- Went to Belfast, Derry and the Giant’s Causeway
- Went to my first concert – saw the Kaiser Chief’s live in December
- Went to Wembley, saw Schumacher race in the Race of Champions 2007
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any new year resolutions last year, and I haven’t made any this year either!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, no one close to me gave birth this year. Although a few folks from work have.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me did, but a colleague from work did 🙁
5. What countries did you visit?
I went to Ireland, and Northern Ireland
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
My own proper transportation. Public transport when you want to travel to places can be annoying, especially when you have to spend long hours in coach stations waiting for the next transfer!
7. What date(s) from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Freezing at Wembley in December watching the race of champions and Schumacher. He lost, but I got to hear and see F1 cars race around the circuit as well, shame it wasn’t a Ferrari, but it was definitely worth it!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning my Feb 2008 holiday to Alicante
9. What was your biggest failure?
Leaving my fraud team to work on Live Chat. It was fun for a while, but I just had to return.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I managed to trip over my own trousers and hurt my leg, it’s still quite sore. I think I might have chipped the bone actually!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Playstion 3 I think was my best gadget I bought this year!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Lewis Hamilton and how he didn’t waiver from his morals throughout the troubles at McLaren.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
How Alonso handled the success of Hamilton at McLaren.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mostly on Video Games and DVDs, and the occasional trip.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The ROC at Wembley, as well as the exciting F1 season we had this year!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol seemed to plague the summer, as did Rihanna’s Umbrella with the unnatural amount of rain we had!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
About the same
thinner or fatter?
About the same.
richer or poorer?
probably a little richer – I’ve had a bit of a pay increase since then!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my bro, eating turkey with all the trimmings and watching Doctor Who on the BBC.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
I had a number of favourites this year:
- Stargate Atlantis
- Battlestar Galactica
- Doctor Who
- Prison Break
- Top Gear
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, I still dislike all of the same people, don’t think I’ve gained any new ones
25. What was the best book you read?
I’ve enjoyed a number of books this year as well:
- Wolf Brother – Michelle Paver
- The Amulet of Samarkand – Jonathan Stroud
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This year I got into Jack Johnson, The Kooks, The Feeling, James Morrison,..
27. What did you want and get?
My playstation 3 and Sky+
28. What did you want and not get?
My own desert island!
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I think it would actually have to be “Transformers”. I saw that one twice at the cinema!
The worst would have to be “Atonement” and “The Dark is Rising” – the book is much much better
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday wasn’t really anything special, I spent it at home and turned 28
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More cash and being closer to my friends! They live too far away dagnabbit!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I have my own personal style of fashion! I like being different! I get worried when people want to copy me! 😛
33. What kept you sane?
My friends do a good job of that, I think!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
In no particular order:
- Paul Walker
- David Tennant
- Joe Flannigan
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole “spygate” political mess that affected Formula One.
36. Who did you miss?
I guess that would have to be Ralfie, I haven’t had a good long natter with him for ages!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I haven’t really met any new people.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Ice and speeding around corners on your bicycle = pain
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“That that don’t kill me, can only make me stronger” – Kayne West – “Stronger”
40. Favourite advert of the year
The Cadbury’s Gorilla playing the drums to Phil Collin’s “In the air tonight” – pure class!