As a Samsung mob!ler I have been very fortunate to have been invited to attend the Samsung Electronics Unpacked event press conference. This is where they announced their upcoming products, including a range of impressive smart televisions, camera’s, laptops, and of course their new collection of mobile devices – the new Galaxy Tab 7.7″; the newest addition to their own OS Bada 2.0 with the Samsung Wave 3, and of course the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy Note.
Mr. Boo-Keun Yoon took us through Samsung’s vision of a smarter life, a smarter world, how Samsung were first to have a mobile phone operate from SPACE! And explained Samsung’s role in helping disadvantaged children, and of course the upcoming 2012 Olympics:
We were then introduced to Michael Zöller, who took us through Samsung’s smart tv range, and Malcolm Andre who showed off Samsung’s Multiview MV800 – a camera with a 3″ “Flip out” display allowing you to take photo’s from any angle; and the NX200.
Then came the moment that I was waiting for – the announcement from Mr. DJ Lee, executive Vice President, and Head of Global Sales and Marketing for Samsung Mobile, of the 3 new devices Samsung were launching at IFA!
Running Samsung’s own OS – Bada 2.0, the Wave 3 is bringing a 1.4GHz processor and a 4″ Super AMOLED (480×800) screen, encased in a full metal uni-body.
Galaxy Tab 7.7″
– First tablet with a Super AMOLED Plus screen
– Running Android 3.2
– Comes with an IR port, to allow you to control your home entertainment systems at home.
– Brushed metallic rear
– 3MP on the back, and a VGA camera on the front.
– 1.4GHz Dual core processor
– Supports 4G/LTE/HSPA+
Bridging the gap between the Smartphone and the Tablet is the Galaxy Note, an all-in-one device, combining video recorder, smart phone, notebook / pad, tablet, camera… in one 5.3″, 9.65mm thin, 178g package.
– Boasting a beautiful High Definition (HD) Super AMOLED screen (1280×800) with 285PPI;
– a 1.4GHz Dual-core processor;
– 8MP Autofocus rear camera with LED flash, and a 2MP front-facing camera;
– a full touch capacitive screen;
– Introducing the “S-pen” stylus with key apps such as S Memo and S Planner.
– Android Gingerbread 2.3.5, which will then be upgradeable to the next version: Ice Cream Sandwich.
– 16GB/32GB versions, with the ability to add more with upto 32GB in microSD format
– a micro USB connector, Wifi, Bluetooth 3.0
This device is something special!
For more pictures from the event, showing the Samsung Galaxy Note, Tab 7.7″ and the Wave 3 – visit HERE